If you desire to end your day at the office without frustration, take note, the following is not how you send a report to a colleague for proofing.
- Write report
- Click File, Send To, Recipient as E-mail
- Enter e-mail address in the “To” field
- Accidentally start typing the message in the attachment field; erase beginning of message
- Write message in body field.
- Send message
- Close document without saving because: a) it’s attached to the e-mail and you likely won’t need it again; b) you’re trying to answer a question on the phone, and; c) you’re a moron.
- get an e-mail from colleague stating, “Sure, now try attaching the file”
*headdesk* CRAP!!! Yeah, deleted the attachment as well as the unintended text. Thankfully it was only a page and I can rewrite it.